Bestselling author Dandi Daley Mackall tells the story of Jesus’ birth from an unlikely perspective: a donkey carrying Mary to Bethlehem. The donkey is not the fastest or strongest animal, but he had an important job all the same. With an exciting message that teaches little ones about God, One Small Donkey is a Christmas story children will love.
About the Book
This heartwarming Christmas book from Dandi Daley Mackall shares the nativity story from the experience of a tiny donkey who shows that God has big plans for little ones when he carries Mary to Bethlehem where she gives birth to Jesus.
Though the donkey wasn’t the biggest, fastest, or strongest of all the animals, he had an important job. In One Small Donkey, 4 to 8-year-olds will
- take part in the nativity story from a fresh perspective
- learn that no one is too little to do big things for God
- identify with the little donkey who feels out of place in a world that seems big and important
- celebrate the arrival of baby Jesus
- enjoy the rhyming story that follows the donkey along his journey with Mary and Joseph to the manger
Refresh your Advent reading list with this sweet and powerful picture book. Together with beautiful, inspiring artwork by Marta Álvarez Miguéns, the message that children can make a difference will encourage preschoolers and young children as well as their caretakers. The foiled title and holiday-themed hardcover make a perfect gift package just right for a stocking stuffer or Christmas tree surprise.
Dandi Daley Mackall loves God, children, words, and animals. Her nearly 500 books for children and grown-ups have sold more than four million copies worldwide, and her awards include an ECPA Christian Book Award for Best Children’s Book.